Visual Storyteller for Creative Development
I am a production designer, visual development artist, cinematic storyteller, and background painter in the entertainment industry, creating concept art for animated features, animated tv series, live action films, and immersive experiences. I believe great products and memorable stories are fueled by the passion of their creators.
I am currently wrapping up visual development and colorscripts on Zack Synder’s Original Anime for Netflix, “Twilight of the Gods.” I specialize in location set design (background concept art, layout design, and background painting), using a combination of 3D Blender and 2D Photoshop.
Previously, I art directed the award-winning Cocomelon animated series for youtube and Netflix, worked on creative development at DreamWorks Animation for an original IP, art directed visual development and preproduction for Disney’s Tree of Life show at Walt Disney Parks and Experiences, and matte painted for Pixar’s Coco at the Hollywood Bowl.
Previously, I worked on production design on the award-winning, Oscar-qualifying animated short La Noria by Carlos Baena of Pixar, which premiered at Siggraph Vancouver 2018 and won over 75 awards and screened at 150 film festivals worldwide.
- Product pitches and launched the first Google IP of AR Stickers on all Pixel phones.
- I worked on original concept product and art pitch to CEO Sundar on AR Walking and Animal Character Navigation, demo was featured at Google I|O 2018.
- VR Background Concept Art for the Daydream Welcome Homeworld and Expeditions.
- Netflix Animation | Zack Synder | Lex + Otis
- DreamWorks Animation original IP, TBA
- Disney’s Tree of Life Holiday Show at Animal Kingdom
- Pixar’s Coco at the Hollywood Bowl
- Paramount Pictures – executive visdev pitch artist on four untitled animated features under the”Animation Director’s Project.”
- Neoglyphic Entertainment – art director on multimedia entertainment franchises; creative content and staff acquired by tech giant.
- SEGA/ Marza Animation Planet – visdev and color key artist on first feature animation “Space Pirate Captain Harlock,” featured at the 70th Venice International Film Festival (2014).
- BRC Imagination Arts – lookdev art style and key frame illustrations for immersive interactive museum designs in Washington DC.
- Facebook game for Don Daglow Entertainment of “Neverwinter Nights”
- Unicorn Studios– visdev on “Monkey King” animated feature, founded by former EVP of DreamWorks.
- Her original stop-motion shortfilm, Day Job, self-written and directed in collaboration with Studio X and Academy of Arts, was recently featured on an Apple Inc. interview commercial.
La Noria Film Award Honors:
- Pixealt, Mexico – Best International Animated Short Film
- Spain Premiere – SITGES
- Itally Premiere, Turin’s VIEW Fest – Best Short Film
- ScreamFest – Best Animated Short Film
- Animalada, Servilla Spain – Best National Short Film
- Granollers Fantastik Film Festival, Paris – Best Animation
- Festival de Cinema de Teroor de Molins de Rei, Silver Melies Award for Best European Short Film + The Kakalabutaka Award
- Huelva Ibero-American Film Festival, 3 Awards –
- Young Jury Award to Best National Shortfilm
- IES Pablo Neruda Award to Best Shortfilm
- Leon Ortega Art School Award to Best Photography
I am always interested in new daring ventures and challenging opportunities to work alongside a team of creatives in producing memorable visual stories and entertainment franchises. For more information, please contact:
Resume Link: https://eveskylar.com/resume